When is the time is right to rent a dumpster in Edwardsville? Construction and home renovation projects can often produce more waste than manageable for simply a few trashcans. This is an instance when it is appropriate to rent a dumpster to properly dispose of your unwanted waste. From household debris to roofing shingles and demolition materials, a rented roll-off dumpster is an easy solution to an organized, stress-free working environment.
How to Rent a Roll-Off Container
When determine that a dumpster is necessary for the project you are working on, choosing the correct size could be the most important factor of this process. Typically, temporary dumpsters will come in four sizes:
- 10 yard dumpster – approx. 12-14 ft. long x 8 ft. wide x 3-3.5 ft. high
- 20 yard dumpster – approx. 22 ft. long x 8 ft. wide x 4 ft. high
- 30 yard dumpster – approx. 22 ft. long x 8 ft. wide x 6 ft. high
- 40 yard dumpster – approx. 22 ft. long x 8 ft. wide x 8 ft. high
How to Rent a Dumpster - Everything You Need to Know About the Dumpster Rental Service
If you are excitedly planning on remodeling your kitchen than you have been busy picking out new kitchen cabinets, new flooring, possibly new appliances and more. With your large kitchen remodeling job you will definitely need to rent a dumpster to get rid of all of the debris.
Once the job gets started all of the cabinets may be ripped out and need a place to be thrown away. You do not want old pieces of wood and cabinet parts to be lying around. The construction crew wants to keep the work area as neat as possible, too.
You can throw the countertops into the dumpster with ease. The flooring may be a bigger project to tear apart. Once the floor is all torn apart, it can simply be thrown into the rented dumpster along with the old cabinets.
If you have ever taken old wallpaper off you know it is a mess and a big chore. Old wallpaper pieces that are hard to get off due to the glue that was used when the wallpaper was hung. Sometimes construction crews or painters will use a machine to get the wallpaper off of walls. This is much quicker and not as much work as tearing it off by hand. You will still have large pieces and small pieces of wallpaper all over the kitchen floor. The person working on the walls can simply pick up the garbage and throw it into a rented dumpster so he or she can quickly get back to work. You want to make their job as easy as possible since labor is very expensive. The longer the labor takes, the higher your bill will be.
If you are not going to reuse the baseboards in your kitchen when you are in the middle of remodeling, you can throw them into the dumpster as well.
If you have hired someone to paint your kitchen, he or she can throw away the dried up paint cans. Check with the rented dumpster company as most will not allow wet paint cans into the dumpster as it is a hazard. This is for the safety of the customer as well as the employees who work at the company that rents out the dumpsters. There are other products that are not permitted into a dumpster when you rent it. Please check with the company on what their rules are ahead of time.
Benefits of Rolloff Dumpsters
It is used during construction jobs. Sometimes a person will use one when they are clearing out a house they are getting ready to sell. It's an easy way to get rid of tons of stuff that can be just thrown into it whenever. Roll off dumpsters are very convenient and many times it makes sense to rent one.
1. Roll off dumpsters are helpful when you are cleaning out your garage, during bathroom remodeling, spring cleaning and basement clean outs. They are also helpful during kitchen remodeling and getting rid of roofing debris. If you have your windows replaced they can be a huge help getting rid of scrap metal,. These dumpsters can be used during renovation of a basement, during deck building to remove debris, etc.
2. It makes waste disposal very easy for the consumer as well as the disposal company.
3 Save a lot of cash if you just do the debri cleaning yourself.
4. Roll off containers are bigger than the normal type dumpster.
5. Roll off containers come in different sizes.
6. The cost is based on size. Try to get the right size for your particular clean up job.
7. You will be informed about unacceptable items; such as computers, tires and paint.
8. Before obtaining a roll off container, make sure you get permission from your local authority. Find out if any permits are required.
9. Dumpsters come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Dumpsters are in high demand during the spring and summer months. Make sure you book ahead.
10. Some companies charge a daily flat fee; others charge by the load.